I suggest you ...

Allow for all day events

Entering:
tomorrow shop for groceries
will create an event starting midnight.
I rarely shop for groceries at midnight.
It would be a lot better to create an event for the whole day instead of forcing the user to tie an event to a specific time of day.

59 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Philipp shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tony B commented  · 

I couldn't agree more - but please merely omit any mention of the time rather than using the notation "All Day".
        In Philipp's example above, he doesn't want to spend the whole day shopping for groceries. And I certainly don't wish to be reminded that my mother-in-law's birthday is going to last the whole day.

• Kris commented  · 

I just use "anytime" as the tag, so I know that that's flexible....

• Scott commented  · 

I agree with with both Philipp and Daniel. It might be good to allow the option of having a standard, configurable time for a reminders, though. That way someone can get a reminder email at a desired time with all the day's events if they wish.

• Daniel Simmons commented  · 

Hi Fabiano,

I don't want alerts for day events, because either I don't know what time it's going to occur or I've just put it in as a general reminder that doesn't have a specific target completion time.

If I have a meeting at a specific time, then yes, I want to be reminded beforehand, but entries that are more of a "TODO" than an event don't need reminders. If I want an then I'll put in a specific time – the time that I want the alert.

• AdminFabiano Franz (Admin, coolendar) commented  · 

That's great. Just a question: in that case, what would be the best time of that day to send the alert? Still at midnight, or maybe early in the morning, etc?
        Thanks for the feedback!

Feedback and Knowledge Base